Please see the directory below for individual governor information
A summary of the role of the Local Governing Body is outlined below, however, full Terms of Reference can be found in the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation.
- Seek to understand and question how the school is led and managed, acting as a critical friend.
- Monitor and challenge how the school is fulfilling the Trust’s ethos, vision, and strategy.
- Determine and review of the educational targets of the schools, including but without limitation, determination of the School's Development Plan
- Monitor and challenge educational standards, reporting on concerns from the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the Trustees of the Educational Standards Committee.
- Assist in overseeing the Health and Safety of all students, staff and visitors; and ensure safeguarding for all students.
- Act as the panel when reviewing the school Headteacher/Head of School’s decisions on exclusions, and other committees as required e.g. salaries, complaints and pupil and staff disciplinary/dismissal committees.
- To ensure the School is complying with Trust policies in respect of safeguarding, health and safety and GDPR risk management.
- Represent the school’s stakeholders and be their consultative body.
- Forge links with the community and provide a vehicle for Trust board engagement with the school, its parents and local community, to help ensure that the Academy Trustees stay connected.
- Act as an ambassador for the school.
- Bring any issues and risks to the attention of the Trust Board.
- Provide constructive feedback to the Board where a policy may not be effective in the local context, and suggest alternative approaches.
- Help ensure the Trust works as one entity, in the interests of all its schools equally.
- Deal with any other matters which the Board of Trustees may refer from time to time.
- Report to the Board of Trustees annually on members contribution and the impact of the LGB.
- Ensure value for money is being achieved from school budgets.
- Provide a consultative forum for the school for the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- For church schools, to monitor and support the Christian distinctiveness and church ethos of the school.
- Assist in the effective and efficient performance management of teaching staff, making recommendations to the Trust board on pay progression.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and impact of governance.
- Our Chair of Governors is Ashley Silverstone - contact detail are on our contact us page