Ethos & Values
Woodland’s ethos is built upon fostering a mutual respect for all individuals involved with the school community and recognition of the positive contribution that all can make to the continued development of a safe and positive learning environment.
“We aim to provide a purposeful caring environment where every individual is treated with respect and dignity, and all pupils are encouraged to realise their full potential, regardless of their ethnicity, sexual orientation or ability.”
To help all pupils to:
- Accommodate the obstacles to their learning and to realise their talents and potential through a safe, nurturing ethos.
- Better express themselves and to understand and appreciate the expressions and opinions of others.
- Acquire a clear understanding of their own goals, how they can be achieved and make positive choices towards their short, medium and longer term objectives.
- Become reflective, responsible, valued, productive and independent citizens.
In order to achieve this, it is important that everyone involved in Woodlands School is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of school life.
Through the commitment, dedication and professionalism of the staff the objectives will be achieved by:
- Creating and maintaining a happy, stable school environment, supported by sound classroom management and a clearly stated and embedded framework of behaviour based on positive management .
- Helping all pupils to recognise their own worth and to generate a pride in themselves and their achievements.
- Encouraging in each pupil a sense of respect, tolerance and courtesy towards all other individuals and groups irrespective of background, ethnicity, ability or other perceived and actual difference .
- Developing positive, open and mutually supportive relationships with parents, carers and associated professionals/agencies.
- The provision of an exciting and challenging curriculum which:
- Addresses the individual needs and abilities of every pupil;
- Broadens each pupil’s horizons through new experiences and challenges
- Enriches the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- Involvement in industry, the voluntary sector and the local community, (which includes the pupil’s own home community), including possible re-integration into mainstream education wherever and whenever desirable and appropriate.
The Trust Vision and Mission Statement:
"Achievement through Caring"
As a Trust, it’s our mission to empower everyone in our Trust and our communities to live and breathe our values and Achievement Through Caring, to reach their full potential.