Autistic Spectrum Condition Support
Our experienced staff provide support for pupils, staff and families including advice and strategies to support a range of needs that can be related to autistic spectrum condition including difficulties with social interaction and communication needs, challenging behaviour, sensory needs, anxiety, attachment and low self-esteem.
We provide a range of assessments and support for pupils, schools and families which includes, but is not limited to:
· Individual assessment and report which includes observations, discussions with parents/carers and school staff. These allow us to provide advice and recommendations to help a pupil with ASC, or possibly ASC-related difference, e.g. recognising emotions, making and managing friendships, social skills, handling change, anxiety and worry.
· Plan-Do-Review consultation assessments with parents and/or school to inform person centred planning and SMART outcomes for children and young people.
· Motor Skills, Sensory or Stressor screenings for individual pupils, provide feedback and recommendations
· Support for pupils in understanding their Autism Spectrum diagnosis and suggest resources and approaches to parents and staff
· Support for vulnerable pupils with transitions between year groups or schools, e.g. Year 6 to 7
Autism West Midlands https://www.autismwestmidlands.org.uk/
Autism Education Trust https://www.autismeducationtrust.org.uk/
And Next Comes L https://www.andnextcomesl.com/
Interoception - the 8th sensory system https://autismawarenesscentre.com/what-is-interoception-and-how-does-it-impact-autism/
Facebook links: Sally Cat's PDA page http://www.sallycatpda.co.uk/
Parenting children beyond anxiety