Woodlands School Outreach is a well-established, highly respected and flexible traded service providing pupil assessment, training and consultancy to schools, Local Authorities and other agencies across Shropshire and surrounding counties.
As part of Woodlands SEMH School in Wem, we provide integrated support service for schools, families and children/young people with additional needs. This includes supporting children and young people with SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health), Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and Cognition and Learning needs.
Our specialist teachers are highly qualified, experienced and well-respected professionals who have taught in mainstream and specialist settings.
What we offer?
A wide range of services are offered including individual assessments, interventions, support for teachers, consultancy and training. We also offer training to schools based at our training centre at Woodlands School, Wem or in-house training, as part of schools’ own CPD programmes. We also work in partnership with Manchester Met University delivering the National SENCO Award.
Schools and other organisations are welcome to contact us to discuss individual needs and the range of bespoke, specialist support that could be provided.
Feedback from our support, assessments and services
- Support for children and parents is excellent. Meetings with parents are very much valued by school and parents.
- Recommendations are used for PCP writing in school and for supporting EHCP targets. Advice is provided to give us access to other services.
- Please would you send my grateful thanks to Rachel for such a useful and considered report. It's one of the best I've read!
- Friendly and professional outreach assessors. Detailed assessment of need. Useful recommendations….Always excellent communication……. extremely efficient, always helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
- Very helpful service with great staff!
- Detailed report(s) that support staff….Consistency of LSAT helps a great deal
- Everything was smooth and efficient. Advice was always helpful and always pupil centred. Very impressed